Pages

June 2, 2012

Shred Stick Chronicles

     The Shred Stick Chronicles began with a decision to either take the shred stick to Spain or to leave it sitting at home awaiting my return. I didn't want to be that American who shows up looking like a surfer brah from San Diego just looking to party. At the same time I find myself to be a pretty avid "skater" and pondered the decision over and over. When it came time to actually pack my clothes into the bag I noticed I didn't have a bag big enough to fit the skateboard. That means that if I really wanted to bring it I would have to carry it by hand the entire way. 
#TSAallowed



     To my parents - Thank you for the supportive attitude and positive thoughts when it came to my decision to bring my shred stick with me...
    You guys were so excited I would have a chance to indulge myself in the Spanish skating culture looking like a surf rat from Del Mar. Dad - I know you used to shred the streets of Cornell back in the day so you were definitely all for it. Mom - you still shred just about anything you step foot on so keep it up the good work. It's funny, I arrived at the airport to begin my trip and figured I'd just leave it in the car but thanks to my mom she encouraged me to take it with. So I did. My shred stick was in one hand and passport in the other. I really can't thank my parents enough for supporting my decision. 
#Sarcasim


     What did I do when I first got to my hotel in Barcelona? Unpacked a new set of clothes, grabbed my ear phones, stretched my legs and was ready to shred. That's right, I picked up my skateboard like it was a spanish sports car and was ready to get lost in Barcelona, on wheels. I was a little nervous about the road conditions and whether people actually skated here or not--turns out Barcelona is a prime spot to skate... Take a look:
#Shredready


Within five minutes of my first shred session I found this epic little spot




 I had the chance to meet other shredders just like me! 



Bike lanes all throughout the city are ideal for a guy like me



Boardwalk cruising... Who took this photo you might ask?



This girl obviously:

 ↟Don't worry I couldn't understand a word she said nor pronounce the country she is from #TT ↟




Smooth tiles to shred and grand tunnels to enter through, I'm there!



I promise to bring you more shred shots. Please stay tuned for more on the Shred Stick Chronicles...





No comments:

Post a Comment